The kitchen sink and the garbage disposal unit are the workhorses in any kitchen. They are regularly used and therefore need a lot of attention. However, it’s not all the time that both given a good clean. It is important to keep these parts of your plumbing clean at all times to prevent problems later on. Cleaning them isn’t really that hard. All you need to do is follow a few steps and you can have a clean sink and garbage disposer. Here’s what you need to follow:
To keep your plumbing from deteriorating too quickly, make cleaning a habit
For more tips and tricks on cleaning your plumbing, ask your plumber. They know what’s best for your plumbing. As for cleaning the kitchen sink, there are four steps that you need to do. You will need liquid washing soap, distilled white vinegar, baking soda, an old toothbrush, a sponge, and some paper towels. The steps are fairly easy and shouldn’t be all too hard to follow. Here’s what you need to do:
- Wipe down and rinse your sink. Apply a few drops of liquid washing soap onto the sponge and gently wipe down the sink and rinse after all the areas have been covered.
- Mix baking soda and water in a bowl to create a paste. Apply the paste onto the surface of the sink. Let the paste sit for a while before rinsing. Be sure to remove all of the baking soda afterward.
- Wet paper towels with vinegar and place it onto the surface of the kitchen sink and let sit for 20 minutes. Use as many paper towels to cover all the areas. Afterward, rinse the sinks with warm soapy water.
- The next thing you need to do is to clean the faucet. Apply liquid soap onto the faucet and the handles. Use the old toothbrush and work your way through all the hard to reach areas. Remove the
How to clean the garbage disposer
- Boil water in a kettle. While waiting for the water to boil, pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain. Follow this up with a cup of white vinegar. You will know when the mixture is working as it will create a fixing sound. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes or until the water is boiling. Once the water has reached boiling point, pour it down the disposal unit.
- Pour two cups of ice down the drain and add in a cup of salt. Run some cold water and switch in the garbage disposer. You will find that this is an easier option than calling in a plumbing contractor in Florence.
- Cut a lemon in half and add it to the disposal unit one at a time. This will serve as a deodorizer for your drain.
It’s easy to keep your garbage disposal unit clean as well as your kitchen sink. It’s so easy that anyone can do it. However, when it comes to plumbing repairs, never take any risks. Always call professionals like Plumbing Experts Florence and have it dealt with the right way.
Call Plumbing Experts Florence if you are looking for a reliable and reputable plumber in your area.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501