In the previous article, we have discussed the different places you should look to find out if you need toilet repair. Apparently, there are a few other places you need to check to find out if you need a Florence plumber to fix your toilet repair leak.
Dripping from in between the toilet bowl and the tank:
You can also apply the colored water test to check if you have leaks between your tank and bowl.
- Water dripping near the middle: Means you might require a new tank-bowl sponge gasket. Plumbing professionals can also suggest getting new washers for the tank-bowl bo
- Tank-bowl gasket leaks: Flushing the toilet will have the tendency to leak regularly.
- Water leaks beyond the washers and bolts: leaks will seem closer to the toilet bowl side, nearer the border and away from the center. However, this is not always the case.
To repair this problem, it will be important for you to lift the toilet tank from the bowl and you can change the washers as needed. This plumbing repair and the components needed can differ, depending on your toilet style. If you’re modifying the tank-bowl rubber washers, take the chance to alter the old tank-bowl bolts too.
Water dripping from inside the toilet tank
If you have verified that the leak is not caused by tank condensation, check whether water leaks from the toilet tank itself. This process is relatively easy to do.
- Remove your toilet tank cover, just be careful as tanks tend to be fragile and heavy.
- Add some food coloring to the water in your toilet tank.
- Avoid flushing for some time
- Observe if colored water drips from anywhere in your toilet tank.
- The next process is to determine the water leak source.
Any fractures in the tank should be tinted and highlighted by the colored water. Other sources might be from the foam gasket where the flush valve permits water to get in the bowl.
Fill valve shank gasket drip
Always remember to inspect the shank gasket where the ballcock links to the tank. Fill valve or ballcock allows water to enter in the tank.
Quick solution :
This kind of problem can usually be recognized by the colored water test. Try to find possible fractures in the tank near or around the gasket. You can just tighten up the shank nut just below the tank to stop the leak if no fractures are visible.
We advise you tighten up the nut a quarter turn at a time while assessing if the leak stops. If it continues, then you might need to change the gasket.
Fill valve fill tube leak
When the water seems to be dripping from the back, close to the tank, ensure that the refill tube is tight enough and not affected by the flush valve overflow.
If you notice any sign of leaks in your bathroom, call Plumbing Pros Florence to have it checked and repaired immediately.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501