A bad plumbing problem is probably the last thing you would want to happen when you’re sleeping soundly at three o’clock in the morning. However, if you’re like most homeowners, you probably haven’t paid at least some attention to your plumbing. Despite remaining in service for a good number of years, plumbing may degrade without you noticing it. Without regular maintenance, plumbing can degrade faster. In case of plumbing emergencies, don’t hesitate to call a plumber. Alongside regular maintenance, here are some tips on how you can dodge a plumbing disaster.
Tips on keeping your plumbing in top shape
Despite having little to no options when a plumbing problem turns into a disaster, there are ways on how you can avoid it all. There are simple ways of how you can do this. It mainly involves changing a few things on how you use your plumbing. Here’s what you should do:
- Never pour grease down the drain – every plumbing professional would say no against pouring grease down the kitchen sink. Although you might have thought that you finally disposed of one greasy problem, it could easily lead to another one. Grease can cause clogs down your drain and sewage. There are a lot of things an emergency plumber can say about this and it points to one single thing and that’s to not dispose of grease in sinks.
- Don’t flush those “flushable” wipes – some brands of wet wipes claim their product can safely be flushed down the toilet. Don’t believe these companies or at least be skeptical about them. A number of cities have had major sewage problems due to a massive buildup of used wipes. If it can happen to a huge sewage line, it could easily clog yours too. If your drains back up because of clogs and things take a turn for the worst, call experts like Plumbing Experts Florence immediately.
- Never use exposed pipes for hanging items – tempting as it may be to hang stuff onto exposed pipes, don’t. It’s never a good idea to do so. Leave those pipes along. Hanging things on them will only put pressure and it would promote corrosion as well.
- Don’t use drop-in toilet cleaner – stay away from drop-in toilet bowl cleaners. Aside from steering clear of harsh cleaning chemicals, you should also be wary about using drop-in toilet cleaners. They also contain chemicals that will lead to corrosion, which ultimately damages your pipes and give you a tough time flushing after you’ve done your business on the toilet.
- Never abuse your garbage disposal – your garbage disposal unit is only designed to grind down things like leftover food or scraps. Don’t use your disposal as it could easily devour a huge load of waste in one go. Use your disposal slowly so it won’t have a hard time slicing and dicing your food waste.
- Keep your plumbing and pipes well maintained – this goes without saying. Always schedule routine plumbing maintenance with your plumber. Don’t skimp on maintenance as it is a vital part of keeping your home’s plumbing in working order. These are just some of the things that you could do to avoid a plumbing problem. In case of plumbing emergencies, you should consider hiring a plumbing contractor in Florence.
Call Plumbing Experts Florence if you are looking for a reliable and reputable plumber in your area.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501