If you’re a homeowner, you’ve probably run into some plumbing problems before. Some plumbing issues are straightforward and can be easily answered. However, some require the expertise of a plumber to uncover the causes of the problem. It’s always a good idea to ask your plumber some questions to give you an idea of what would happen.
Questions that plumbers often get asked about
- Why are my drains clogged? – Even if there were no solids that go down the drain, there will still be a possibility of water backing up. This can be due to a number of reasons. Despite draining away mostly liquid waste, it does not guarantee that the drains won’t be clogged. Soap scum, grease, and oils can form a lining on the inner wall of the drain pipes which thicken over time. This then translates into the blockages that you are all familiar with. You could always hire a plumber to provide drain cleaning services rather than having to do the cleaning yourself.
- Why is there a foul smell coming from my garbage disposal? – There can be a number of explanations for why this happens. One of the most common reasons is some food that got stuck inside the disposal unit. If this is not the case, it could be due to the sewage pipes. The stench could be coming from there. To perform a more thorough inspection, you might need to have your disposal unit dismantled and checked out.
- Is DIY plumbing work recommended? – Everyone wants to save as much money as they can. However, not everyone can be their own plumber. While there are easier tasks such as replacing a faucet, other tasks will require the expertise of a Florence plumber. It’s not just because plumbers are skilled, they also have all the necessary equipment to make repairs easy.
- How to care for the finish on a faucet? – Water stains happen when plumbing fixtures aren’t cleaned and dried properly. To avoid plumbing stains and to preserve the finish on your faucet, only use a soft cloth for cleaning. Don’t use a scouring pad as it will leave visible scratch marks. As for repairs on residential plumbing, always consider hiring a plumber before taking matters into your own hands.
- Can a two-handle faucet be replaced with a single faucet? – The simple answer is yet. However, if you elaborate on the subject, the answer becomes entirely dependent on where the faucet is placed. If it’s located in the kitchen or bathroom sink, it can be done quite easily. However, if it’s on a bathtub or shower, it’s a little bit complicated and may require the assistance of a plumbing contractor.
- How to fix a leaking water heater? – It’s not uncommon for water heaters to spring a leak. Unfortunately, a water heater isn’t the simplest piece of plumbing to repair. The tank deals with heat and immense pressure. You could hurt yourself doing your own repairs. To make it easier for you, always hire professionals like Plumbing Experts Florence to make sure that the repairs are done seamlessly.
In need of reliable professional plumbing services? Call Plumbing Experts Florence today!
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501