Can you still hire a plumber while social distancing measures are set in place? Is it a wise decision to hire someone and have them come over to your home during these times? While it can be potentially dangerous, there are ways on how you and the plumber can get the job done without infecting one another. Here’s what you should do:
Hiring a plumber in the midst of a pandemic
According to the Centers for Disease Control, social distancing protocols must be followed. It must be taken into account that the virus can spread rapidly without proper safety measures. Health safety is necessary for every line of profession, especially for those that require close contact with people. With that in mind, hiring a Florence plumber shouldn’t be much of a problem for the homeowner given that the following conditions are met:
- Personal protective equipment must be worn before, during, and after the work has been done.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Hand washing must also be observed.
- The use of hand sanitizers is strongly advised.
- Disinfecting all touchpoints and areas that are commonly shared.
- Devices and other frequently used items must also be disinfected.
COVID-19 is a deadly disease that can rapidly spread through close contact. Studies also suggest that the virus can remain in the air for some time, which makes social distancing and the use of personal protective equipment rather important. With the immediate dangers of contracting the virus, it is necessary that safety protocols are followed not just when hiring a plumber for plumbing repairs but for hiring other services as well.
Tips on how to prevent plumbing issues during the pandemic
If you want to keep the chances of being infected with the virus low, follow some guidelines on how to care and properly use your plumbing. You could also hire professionals like Plumbing Experts Florence as they observe all the necessary protocols to keep their employees and clients safe from the virus.
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. There’s a good reason why you should never flush anything more than toilet paper. While paper may dissolve in water, some materials may not. Plastics and other materials will not dissolve and could cause blockages in your plumbing that could be hard to resolve.
- Always keep your plumbing well-maintained. The one thing that you really don’t want is to have your plumbing breaking down in the middle of the lockdown. However, you can prevent your plumbing from running into issues. Other than installing reliable plumbing fixtures from known brands, you could have them maintained to keep them working for longer.
- The last thing that you should do is to be familiar with your plumbing. There’s nothing more bothersome than not knowing what to do in case something goes wrong. When it comes to plumbing issues, you should at least know the troubleshooting basics. Getting to know how each one of your plumbing fixtures and how to fix them will go a long way.
In need of reliable professional plumbing services during this pandemic? Call Plumbing Experts Florence today!
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501