Even a seasoned DIYer has limits. When it comes to major projects such as rewiring a house or fixing major plumbing issues, professionals need to be involved. But how do you hire these professionals? What do you need to know when you hire a Florence plumber? You should have the answers to these questions when that fateful moment plumbing emergency happens.
How to properly vet a plumbing contractor
The first thing that you should do is vet the plumbers on your list. When we talk about hiring a plumber, you should start off with building a list of names. The next thing you must do is vet each one. These are the crucial steps to quickly narrow down your list and easily drop the bad ones. You can do the following:
- Compare the local plumbers in your area. Check for individual ratings and customer reviews.
- Interview your shortlist of candidates. Ask all the questions that matter.
- Compare the written quotes provided by each of the candidates.
- Always make it a habit to check all the references.
- Be aware of any scammers. There will be a lot of them.
- Ask for a written contract and carefully review it first before signing.
The qualifications a plumber should have
There are two main qualifications that you should confirm. A plumber must have both a license and insurance. If a plumber has a license, that means they have gone through all the proper channels such as certifying bodies, training, and more. As for insurance, this is necessary in order to protect your interests as a customer. This will also protect the plumbers who will be at the worksite.
The questions you need to ask
When you are interviewing your candidates, be sure that you have a list of questions on hand to ask them. A professional like Plumbing Experts Florence can give you all the information you need. Your questionnaire should include the following:
- What safety protocols do you set in place?
- How much experience do you have?
- What is the coverage of your insurance policy?
- Do you have all the necessary documentation to work professionally?
- Can you procure permits if needed?
On average, plumbers charge anywhere $45 to $200 per hour for plumbing repair and other projects. Depending on the complexity of the project, the price may be lower or higher. For more accurate quotations, ask your plumber regarding the prices of their services and be specific about the kind of work you need to get done.
If you finally come to an agreement with the plumber, you should have all the details of the plumbing project in writing. In your contract, all of the items listed below should be included:
- The total cost of the project.
- The scope of the project.
- The responsibilities of both the plumber and client.
- Description of the work to be done.
- The completion date.
- A clause on the right to stop the project.
- A clause on withholding payment.
- A clause on breach of contract.
- Changing of project details.
- Included warranties.
- Liabilities and limitations.
- Signature of both parties.
If you need professional plumbing services, call Plumbing Experts Florence. We cater to both residential and commercial clients. You may reach us at (843) 536-4568.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501