Noisy pipes can be downright annoying at times and the sound can sometimes be unbearable. It’s these kinds of plumbing issues that can get to the nerve of even the most patient homeowner there is. Noisy pipes can result from a number of causes and most of the time it can be hard to locate the source of the problem. Although you can manage to find the source of the issue, you might not be able to fix the problem all the time. In most cases, the services of a plumber will be necessary. However, there are solutions you can try before you call in the pros.
Here are some common causes of noisy pipes and now to solve them:
- Water hammer – this is one of the most common issues of noisy Florence plumbing. Water is fed into the pipes with several psi. As the water rushes through the pipes and out the faucet, momentum is generated. As the faucet is closed, there remains an energy that has nowhere to go. This is what causes the pipes to rattle or hammer. However, air cushions or risers are commercially available. These are devices that hold the air which acts as a cushion, preventing the hammering noise. However, the air is lost over time. This can be solved by shutting the main shutoff valve and opening the faucets in the house. This lets in the air back in the risers and solves the hammering issue.
- Loose pipes – another cause of plumbing noise are loose pipes. There are pipes that run under the house which carry wastewater. When there is a large volume of water running through the pipes, it creates some movement in the pipes. This loosens the supports of the pipes which cause noise. It can be hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from and it is advised to call a plumber to resolve this issue.
- Worn out washer – valves and faucets have washers in them that regulate the flow of water. However, when the washers are worn down, it produces squeaky or whistling noises. To resolve this issue, turn of the water leading to the faucet with the faulty washer and proceed with a replacement. If you are unable to do the replacement on your own, hire Plumbing Experts Florence.
- Water pressure regulator – the main shut off valve or water pressure regulator can also be the cause of the noise. If this is the case, you will need to call in a plumbing contractor to handle the problem. Often times, water can get all over the place when the repairs are done by an untrained individual.
- Toilets – a noisy toilet is nothing out of the ordinary. After years of use, toilets can get finicky and act up. You may hear noises like banging or rattling at the end of each filling cycle. When this occurs, it is usually the result of a faulty ballcock assembly. The way to resolve this is by replacing the entire assembly with a new one.
Are you having plumbing issues at home? Don’t let any plumbing problems ruin your day! Call Plumbing Experts Florence now! You may reach us at (843) 536-4568.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501