There are instances when you run into a plumbing issue that is just beyond your DIY skills. In these situations, it is best to call in a plumbing contractor to fix the problem. However, how do you determine that it is the right time to call a plumber and when not to? There are a bunch of things that can tell you when. In most cases, you can easily tell if it’s a plumbing problem that is urgent and would require an expert to come over. Here are five instances where you should call a plumber for help:
Plumbing problems and when to call a plumber
- Flooding caused by leaks – it’s no surprise why this is on the top of the list. If you ever encounter any flooding in your home, particularly down at your basement, you should call in an emergency plumber right away. As a temporary measure, you may turn off the water to the house through the shut-off valve. This will cut off the water from the mainline to the house. However, it will leave you with no access to tap water in the meantime. Wait for the plumber before turning the water back on.
- A plumbing addition to the bathroom or kitchen – this is quite self-explanatory. Unless you’re a plumber yourself, you will need to call a professional before making any changes to your home’s plumbing, particularly in the kitchen and bathroom. Your area may have plumbing standards in place. To comply with this, always call a plumber before making any major plumbing changes.
- New appliance installation – if you have a new washing machine, always leave pipe fitting and connections to the experts. There’s really nothing much to say about this since setting up a new washing machine isn’t all too user-friendly if you don’t have any idea which things go where. Always hire a plumber in Florence if you plan on installing new appliances that will connect to your water line.
- Drain cleaning – although there are products that will help you clean your drains yourself, they are not all effective or easy to use. For chemical drain cleaners, they are not all too good for your pipes. They may do a good job at cleaning and unclogging your pipes, they could corrode them as well. Drain snakes also make quick work of clogs but they can only go so far. Commercial plumbing equipment can always do a better job.
- Flooding issues caused by other factors – it’s not only leaking pipes that cause flooding in different parts of your homes. Sometimes, drains could back up and cause flooding. These problems are quite annoying and sometimes hard to solve. For such concerns, always turn to the experts such as Plumbing Experts Florence. Any sort of flooding caused by faulty pipes or drainage system must be alleviated quickly to avoid any or further damage to the home.
At the end of the day, it is always better to call in plumbing issues regardless of the severity. A DIY solution will always be an option but may not be the most convenient. If you wish to have your plumbing problems solved immediately, always seek professional assistance.
Call Plumbing Experts Florence if you are looking for a reliable and reputable plumber in your area.
Plumbing Experts Florence
Florence, SC 29501